Soneri Asaan Remittance Account
With Soneri Asaan Remittance Account, customers can now instantly receive money from their loved ones living anywhere around the globe, directly in their account. Soneri Asaan Remittance Account can be opened with utmost ease through a simplified account opening process. It is designed as a secure & reliable service, for receiving home remittances.
For further query, click contact us.
- PayPak Debit Card for one year
- Starter Chequebook of 25 leaves
- SMS alerts & e-Statement for staying informed
- Soneri Digital (Mobile & Internet Banking)
- No Service Charges
- No withholding tax on cash withdrawal or inter-bank fund transfers
- ATM Cash Withdrawal Insurance – Soneri Tahaffuz
Features, Eligibility & Limits
- Pakistani Individuals, receiving home remittances, can open this current account in PKR currency
- No initial deposit or minimum balance requirement
- Maximum Credit Limit of Rs. 2 million
- Daily cash withdrawal and fund transfer limit of Rs. 50,000/=
- Account funded through home remittance only – local credit is not applicable
*Terms & Conditions Apply
1. Who is eligible to open this account?
Only unbanked/under-banked “Individuals” can open this account in Single or Joint capacity.
2. Can Soneri – Asaan Remittance Account be opened in FCY?
No. Only PKR currency is permissible for this account.
3. Is there a minimum balance requirement for Soneri Asaan Remittance Account?
4. Will there be any account opening or closing charges?
5. Can existing account holders open Soneri Asaan Remittance Account?
6. Can more than 1 Soneri Asaan Remittance Account of the same customer be opened?
7. Can Soneri Asaan Remittance Account be opened in “Savings” category?
No. We are offering Soneri Asaan Remittance Account in Current category only.
8. What different means / tools can be used to operate Soneri Asaan Remittance Account?
Soneri Asaan Remittance Account can be operated by a PayPak Debit Card or Cheque Book and through all available Digital Channels.
9. Which Debit Card variants will be issued against Soneri Asaan Remittance Account?
Only PayPak Debit Card will be issued to customers.
10. What will be the fee of this card?
Standard fee as per latest SNBL Schedule of Bank Charges (SOC) is applicable. However issuance will be free for 1st year.
11. What support documents are required for opening Soneri Asaan Remittance Account?
The account can be opened with a Computerized/Smart National Identity Card (CNIC/SNIC/NICOP) * of the customer.
*The original identification document should be produced by the customer for “Original Seen”
Note: Due diligence and other controls specified by State Bank of Pakistan for Asaan Account shall also be applicable to Asaan Remittance Account.
12. Can the Soneri Bank open Soneri Asaan Remittance Account of non-residents or foreign nationals?
No. Soneri Asaan Remittance Account is for resident individuals having Pakistani Nationality only. The Bank may guide non-residents or foreign nationals to open regular bank accounts.
13. What are the main features of Soneri Asaan Remittance Account?
Soneri Asaan Remittance Account is a current account which will only be fed through foreign inward remittances i.e. no local credits or commercial remittances will be entertained in this account. This account also has certain transaction limits mentioned below:
- Cash Withdrawal (Debit Card and / or Cheque): PKR 50,000 / Day
- Funds Transfer (All Channels): PKR 50,000 / Day
14. If no local credits are allowed in the account, how will the customer be charged for Cheque Book and Debit Card?
With Soneri Asaan Remittance Account customers get the starters cheque book of 25 leaves as well as Pay Pak Debit Card free of charge.
15. Is there a limit to the amount of inward remittance allowed in Soneri Asaan Remittance Account?
Yes, a maximum credit limit of PKR 2 Million is allowed in this account i.e. the account balance cannot be more than PKR 2 Million at any point in time.
16. What should the Bank do if a customer repeatedly requests for transactions higher than specified limits for Soneri Asaan Remittance Accounts?
In such scenario, the Bank must guide the customer to close his/her Soneri Asaan Remittance Account and open a regular deposit account as per his/her needs.
17. Is there restriction on Soneri Asaan Remittance Accounts for cross border (outward) transactions?
Yes, outward cross border transactions are not allowed for Soneri Asaan Remittance Account.
18. Is there a maximum number of remitters allowed in this account?
No, the customer may receive remittances from as many remitters as required. However, the remitters’ information will need to be captured on the account opening form. In case of more than 2 remitters, additional AOFs may be used.
19. What happens if a Remitter other than the ones mentioned in the Account Opening Form sends remittance?
In case of such transactions/from an undocumented Remitter(s), the branch staff MUST contact the customer (Account Holder) and gather details about the transaction. If required, the Remitter Information may be updated by obtaining a customer consent/signatures on the account opening form (a new account opening form with remitters information, shall be attached along with the original AOF.
20. Where will the AOF be available?
AOF will be available at all SNBL branches across Pakistan.